We all want what is best for our body, and that involves treating our body to natural products, organic foods and even using non-toxic products to ensure that we are keeping ourselves safe. The problem with many products that are stocked on the shelves at the store is that they are filled with plenty of toxins and cancer causing chemicals. It is important to remember that just because we have once used a product with toxins does not mean we are 100% going to get cancer, it just increases the risks and it is better for us to use all natural and organic products when it comes to our bodies.
So, you might be wondering, what are the chemicals I should be avoiding? How can I avoid these chemicals? What products should I use instead? Is there anything else I can do? Look no further, this article will dive into all these burning questions and hopefully leave you feeling ready to stock your cupboards with all the natural and organic products you can get your hands on.
Let’s get started with what these cancer causing chemicals actually are and what we should be looking out for. Chemicals that cause toxins are called carcinogens. All carcinogens have different levels of potentially causing cancer depending on the product and how you go about using it. To be more specific, cancer is caused when the cells in our DNA become mutated, and this can be caused by biological factors or they can be caused by environmental factors, such as carcinogens. It is also important to note that not all carcinogens have the ability to cause mutated cells, some carcinogens act through increasing the production of cells and dividing cells more rapidly than others which can in turn lead to altered and damaged DNA. Now, let's take a look at the specific carcinogens that are typically found in products we use daily:
- Formaldehyde: This is used as a preservative and antibacterial in various products, such as nail polish, unnatural hair treatments, and even mascara.
- Phenacetin: This is used as a stabilizer in many hair care products, such as hair colour.
- Coal Tar: This can be found in many shampoos and conditioners.
- Benzene: This is commonly used when producing plastic, we also find this chemical in hair conditioners and other hair care products.
- Mineral oils (untreated and mildly treated):You can find mineral oils in almost any cosmetic product these days, especially eye shadow, lipstick and moisturizing lotions.
- Ethylene oxide: This product has commonly been used to sterilize products and medical instruments. This is also found in second hand smoke and some foods.
- Heavy Metals: Heavy metals can be used to create colour in many cosmetic products, such as eyeshadow and lip gloss. These can also be found in your shampoo and conditioner.
- Cadmium and its compounds: These chemicals can affect your heart, lungs and even your neurological systems if inhaled or ingested.
- Silica: This chemical is commonly known to be found in lipsticks, sunscreens, moisturizers, and even your shampoo. This is a harmful chemical that many people are actually allergic to and it increases the risk of affecting your lungs if inhaled.
So, how can you avoid these chemicals you might ask? Well, the first and easiest way is to ditch all the unnatural products you have in your house and switch them out for new natural and organic products. Next, when you're shopping for new products you want to keep an eye out for a 100% natural product that will show you absolutely every ingredient that is in the bottle. Many popular companies that people buy into are able to not list certain chemicals and toxins they mix into their products. By putting your trust into a natural product, like Jusu, you can be sure that you are doing everything you can to avoid unnatural and harsh toxic chemicals. Its also important that we take a look at not only the products we put on our hair, and skin but also the products that we use to take care of our house. For example, our sinks, toilets, showers and bathtubs can easily be clogged with hair, waste and other items. Something that also may surprise you is that the products we use such as, shampoos, conditioners and face washes can clog our drains in our bathrooms. When this happens we have to rely on chemical drain openers to unclog the drains and fix the problem. It is extremely dangerous to inhale any fumes or dust created by these products, especially for children. All this being said, it is yet another reason to make the switch to all natural products and avoid having to use chemical drain openers.
Finally, it is also important to remember that chemicals can also be found on our food and other products that we put in our body. Many people do not realize when they indulge in fast food or other processed foods found at the grocery store, that a lot of them are filled with toxins and chemicals that have cancer causing properties as well. Not to mention, those who smoke, whether it be daily or socially, are also increasing their risk of cancer through the chemicals and toxins associated with these products. So, all that being said, if we are treating our body with respect by using natural products containing no toxic chemicals, we should do the same with what we are ingesting and putting into our body’s. By nourishing our skin with natural products and our body’s with organic foods, we can be sure we are doing everything in our power to avoid increasing our risk of cancer and allowing us to live a long and happy life.
To wrap this all up, in order to avoid cancer causing chemicals, we need to make wise choices. Instead of using shampoo and conditioner from your grocery store, it is important to invest in a natural product that is going to leave your hair nourished, soft and shiny. Not only will you reap the beauty benefits, you will also be enhancing your health. We can also make an effort to avoid using hair straightening products and other products that may contain formaldehyde. Our health should always come first when we are thinking about choosing a product, and when you choose an organic and natural product you can be sure that you are treating your body with the respect it deserves.